The role of the Research Assistant is a Support-level position responsible for conducting the PAC’s legislative research regarding legislation being considered in the State House, State Senate, and Governor’s Office. The Research Assistant reports directly to the Research Team Coordinator.
- Receive daily updates on new legislation being considered by the legislature and the Governor’s Office from the Research Team Coordinator.
- Conducts required research to properly communicate legislation of interest to the PAC.
- Write Summary Briefs for the Research Team Coordinator to read and review before passing them on to the Executive Team and content writers.
- Proven track record of credible research.
- Working knowledge of state websites and online resources.
- Familiarity with the legislative process in Washington State.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Professional writing and communication skills.
- Positive Mental Attitude (PMA).
- At least 10 hours per week to devote PAC efforts
- Clean criminal background history
If you believe you would be a good fit for this role please click the link below and complete the application. Mr. Gergen will review your resume and contact you.